Pros and cons of Artificial Pest Repellents
If you want to use pest repellents, you’ll notice that there’s a lot of conflicting info out there. Everyone is an expert in their own way and as such, it makes much sense to do proper research before settling for any.
There is a common myth that all artificial repellents are harmful; we’re going to go in-depth about some pros and cons concerning the use of artificial repellents and try and debunk the myth. You want to make sure you are using a product that is both safe and effective.
Artificial repellents offer immediate relief from pests, they have a fast acting synthetic formula that get rids of the pests fast.
How harmful are artificial pest repellents?
Certain chemicals are dangerous to both animals and humans than others are. It is crucial to ensure that you choose something that will not harm you in any way.
You choice of pesticides may vary depending on whether you have children or pets. This could be harmful to both if they consumed the chemicals. Always research if the chemical you are buying is safe around children or pets.
Precautionary measures should be taken when using these pest repellents. Wear gloves, goggles, prevent contact with your skin and do not inhale anything in.
Pros of using artificial pest repellents
- They are readily available: artificial pest repellents are easy to find in stores near you. This means you can just enter a pesticides shop and they will be readily available.
- They are cost effective: artificial pest repellents are pocket friendly and if your budget is tight you might consider buying these.
- Artificial pest repellents may be fast acting: the nature of how these repellents are made make them very effective in exterminating and deterring pests.
- Strong and effective: the chemicals used in these products are tested and proven to work very effectively in keeping away pests. Buy repellents from a reputable brand to ensure you get quality products.
- Reduce diseases like Malaria and West Nile disease: the use of repellents is very helpful in the prevention of these diseases as they keep the insects at bay and hence a reduced number in infections.
- Offer choice between multiple products: the variety of repellents in the market is vast and this gives a buyer the choice between different brands depending on the type of pest they are trying to repel.
Cons of Artificial Pest Repellents
- Some can cause significant health problems: not every repellent out in the market is beneficial; there are some repellents with harmful chemicals that can affect human beings and pests. Before purchasing a repellent make sure it is from a reputable brand.
- Contamination of soil and water resources: the chemicals contained in repellents can potentially cause a lot of harm to the soil which in turn affects plant life. Water resources may also be contaminated if proper disposal measures are not put in place. This is the cause for the growth of pests in the agricultural land areas.
- Pests may develop tolerance to certain chemicals with time: pests are known to grow resistant to certain repellents over time. This means the more you use a specific repellent the more likely it will be less effective.